Picnic Time Productions is proud to be a Bay Area Certified Green Business. Here are just a few of the ways we are providing eco-friendly catering (otherwise known as "green catering" or "sustainable catering"):
- Local foods: We use as many locally produced products and locally grown or raised foods as possible.
- We provide organic foods to those clients who so desire and order them.
- Dinnerware is clients' choice of re-usable, recyclable, biodegradable and/or compostable. NO Styro.
- We provide beverages and condiments in bulk where appropriate (and allowed by client.)
- Recycle bins are provided for your staffed event.
- Leftover food from events is donated to local shelters or the St. Vincent de Paul Dining Room.
Facility and Operations
- We recycle all glass, cardboard, metal and plastic containers.
- We re-use or recycle all boxes that are delivered to our facility.
- We participate in Waste Management's food waste recycling program.
- We recycle all of our cooking grease.
- We installed new warehouse and kitchen energy-efficient lighting, digital thermostats, timer switches on remote warehouse areas, and installed CFLS for all sockets.
- We installed flow restrictors on all faucets and changed all toilets to low flow, 1.6 gallon.
- Dishwashing detergent is bio-degradable.
- Office paper and paper towels are recycled paper.